Water Conservation Tips:
Some steps you can take to conserve water are the following:
In the House-
– Fix leaks in faucets, toilets, and showerheads.
– Only run dishwashers or washing machines when you have a full load.
– Instead of hosing down driveways, walks, or patios use a broom.
– Do not let the water run when brushing teeth and shaving.
– Do not run tap water to get a cold drink, keep a bottle in the refrigerator.
– Water lawn early in the morning or late in the evening. Do not water lawn on sunny or windy days. Watering after sundown will reduce the amount of water lost to evaporation.
– Lawns only need 1 inch of water per week. Place a can under the sprinkler to determining how long it takes the lawn to receive 1 inch of water.
– Keep grass 2 inches high to shade roots.
– Plant native, drought resistant grass & plants.
– Do not let your pool get thirsty, put a cover on to prevent evaporation. Covering a pool keeps debris out and heat in.
– Keep water level in the pool low enough to avoid splashing water out.
– Do not wash car with a running hose, instead use a bucket and sponge.