E-Code: On-line search for code information for the Village of Greenwood Lake >>
Note: Click on the link above for Village Code info now stored on the e-Code database. eCode360 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why did the site change? General Code has updated our online Code platform to significantly enhance the reader's experience navigating and researching within the community's legislation. With the improvements, finding information (word-search, online index, easier bookmarks) along with improved and expanded sharing through printing enhancements and email capability have taken working with our Online Codes to a new improved level.
2. Can I print the entire Code book? General Code's print features for eCode360 are dramatically improved. The print feature now allows you to easily print from the chapter, article and section/sub-section views in an easy to use fashion. It is not possible to print an entire Code as many of the online Codes would be hundreds of pages long. General Code offers the ability to purchase a copy of the Code. Check on the General Code Website to see which Codes can be purchased.
3. How do you copy and paste text into a Word document? There are two ways to copy and paste text from the Code into a word processing software. You can highlight text within the Code and right click using the Copy function. You can then paste that text into a word processing function. You can also use the print preview function to copy and paste from as well.
4. Where is the official's page? Officials' pages are located on the Web sites of local governments. If you cannot find the officials page please contact your local government.
5. How do I get to global search? The global search that allows viewing and comparing of multiple codes and ordinances is a part of a paid subscription service that will be available online in the first half of 2009. You can sign up for a subscription order at the General Code Web Site.
6. Where did the toolbar with search options go? General Code has rolled up the most popular search options into a single option for ease of use. You may simply type in the word or term that you are looking for and the system will look for that word or variations and include them in the hit. The word search system also supports Boolean searching where multiple words using "and" and "or" phrases such as "Dogs and Cats" or "fences or barriers" will search the text for these combinations.
7. How do I clear highlighted search hits? There are two ways to clear highlighted search hits. You may use the clear button underneath the word search box where you typed your keyword or you can use the X in the Code Toolbar at the top of the main screen where you can also navigate through the hits from your keyword search.